Thursday, August 30, 2012

Plan to Succeed

No good news this week, which nearly meant no blog post this week.  But I think I should be honest here, and honestly, I ate a bunch of crappy food this week.

I don't feel horrible about it, but I don't feel good either.  Some of the food was delicious, like dinner at Cheddar's Restaurant.  I had "Spasagna", which is a baked spaghetti-lasagna dish that is the ultimate comfort food for me.  It's a huge serving and I only ate half.  And I chose marina sauce instead of meat sauce.  Still, there is a lot of cheese in this dish and cheese is dairy and dairy is not part of my new diet plan.  Plus I ate a nice and buttery piece of garlic bread.

I ate the leftovers the next day for lunch.   And that night we had a pizza for dinner.  A nice, thick pizza with hamburger and mushrooms. Still not good.  Last night, we had dinner from our favorite vegetarian restaurant and today I ate such a small amount of food, with no protein whatsoever, that I was absolutely starving at dinner time. All I could imagine eating was a big Italian sandwich from the deli.  With lots of meat and cheese. And it's greasy.  And utterly delicious. Another bad choice.

Not a scrap of fruit has passed my lips today.  Nor a vegetable, unless you count the splash of tomatoes on my sandwich.  No smoothies, no whole-foods or plant-based foods, for the most part.  So nothing from the Forks and Knives plan.

So, why this big deviation from my usually healthy choices?  I'm not sure.  I haven't been keeping up my food log.  Uh-oh!  And I have been pretty disorganized this week.  Oops!  And I just haven't given a damn.  Rats!  A three-step plan for disaster when you're trying to eat healthy food.

I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to get back on the Forks Over Knives plan.  I've had a taste of my old lifestyle and it was delicious!  But boy oh boy, I do not want to gain that weight back.  Those lovely 25 pounds are gone and I want them to stay gone. And I am getting closer to getting off of some of my medications.  That's my biggest goal, after all.

So I will do my best to get back on track as soon as possible.  Tomorrow, I'm going for a bunch of fruit,  at least a couple servings of veggies and no meat! no dairy! no eggs! no oil! no junk food!  And maybe in a couple weeks, I can report another five pounds lost. I can tell you all that I feel better, I have more energy.  That would be awesome.

And I need to re-commit to getting back on the treadmill.  I am spending far too much time on Facebook, as fun as it is, and I need to get more active.

So I have a plan, right?  Yeah, but I had a plan this week too and wow did it go haywire!  All I can do is try.  Set myself up to succeed.  Get organized, make a menu, chop some veggies, have fruit available,  and, most important of all, keep the food log up-to-date.  I am convinced this is the secret to my success with this plan.  It keeps me aware of what I'm eating.  When I let it slide, I find my good habits sliding too.

So back to the food log, back to the original plan and hopefully, back to healthy eating.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment